Monday, October 25, 2010

FiNaLlY DoNe!

I can officially say that I am done canning for this year. I usually love canning, but this year it hasn't been all that fun. Although I cant imagine why. I am just glad to see that our food storage is stocked back up for another year. This will be my last post on canning. But I had just a few more projects to finish up the 2010 canning season.  

My Carrots were my first project. I was glad to get these done, but I never seem to plant enough. So next year I am going to plant three times as many so that I can get more for food storage. Although Logan and I are the only ones that like them, I just didn't get enough, because I can eat a whole pint by myself and so can Logan.

My second project was my tomatoes. There is always plenty to do. I was going to do pizza sauce and whole tomatoes, but by the time they all ripened I was only up for canning whole tomatoes. So I will have to use some of Lisa's pizza sauce.


I got 9 pints of yummy carrots!

I got 18 quarts of tomatoes!

All our hard work stored in our basement :)!


We hit the case lot sale at Ridleys to finish off our food storage.

A few case of water to add to our fifty gallon barrel. It sure isn't alot of water, but I am still working on it.

It was a good canning season in spite of all the worries after a horrible growing season. It sure was a long one, but it is always good to see the end product and to see just how much my hard work pays off. I am just glad that we have food that will feed our family. It will always be a work in progress, because there is always more that I want to add, but it sure is a start. So until next year, I am FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment