Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ten Days In Utah

After Matthew was gone on his 50 miler for a whole week, we got to see him for three days and then the kids and I packed up the car and headed to Utah. We left Wednesday the 17th and didnt get back home until the 26th. So it is officially the longest the kids and I have been away from home and away from Matthew.

The reason for the trip was that my aunt and uncle wanted to go to New York on vacation, but needed someone to watch their kids so that they could go, so they called me and I thought why not. So we were headed for Utah and a fun 10 day get-away. We stayed at my Aunt Vicki and Uncle Donny's house from the 17th to the 24th. It was a fun and crazy time. I thougth 2 kids was quite a change, taking care of 4 was definitely harder, especially since 2 of them werent mine. I had fun with them though, it was a fun and relaxing time. We went to swimming lessons, played at the park, played games, watched movies, and just had fun hanging out. Bill and Abbey were a lot of help. We also got to meet my Uncle Donnys sister Jackie and her daughter Alex. Alex got accepted to BYU and they came from Georgia to get her settled in. It was fun to get to know them both. So it was a great 8 days with them.
Ashlee and I hanging out on the grass at the park while Logan and Abbey played.

Abbey and Ashlee. Abbey was a great helper and helped my pick out Ashlees clothes and Hairbows everyday. It was fun to watch them together.

Abbey and Logan pushing Ashlee on the swing.
 It was sad saying bye to my Aunt and Uncle and Bill and Abbey, but we had plans to go spend a few day with my dad and Cyndi since we dont get to Utah too often. So we spent the evening of the 24th together, the 25th and then I got up and headed home on Friday the 26th. I figured that since Matthews birthday was the 27th that it would be nice of us to be home to celebrate it with him :)!!!! But we had a great time with my dad and Cyndi. We spent the 25th doing lots of fun things. First we meet up with Julie (Cyndi's daughter in law) and her two kids, Trevor and Jacob, at the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. It was really a fun place to go and Logan loved it! Then we went and ate at this amazing hamburger place that I cant remember the name of, it wasnt the healthiest, but they have pretty darn good food. Then we headed to the Living Aquarium. It was a pretty amazing place. Logan loved all the animals and even Ashlee got excited to see all the different animals. We got to see them feeding the anaconda that they had. It was eating a guinea pig, which was pretty awesome to watch. I hate snakes and I was glad that it was behind glass. They told us that she was 12 feet long and would get up to 25 ft. Does anyone else think that a snake shouldnt get that big ?!! It was cool to watch it eat, but I never want to come across one face to face ever in my lifetime. I was however pretty fascinated by the octopus that they had. I just thought that it was pretty cool to see one up close and personal. They are pretty amazing creatures. We just had such an amazing time hanging out with my dad that day. There sure are a lot of fun things to do in Utah, but glad I just get to visit every once in a while (just too many people for my taste). After the Aquarium we did a little shopping, we looked at toys, clothes and we went to this store called Gygi. It is a bakers and cooks paradise. I loved it and could have spent all day there if I would of had time. So if you are ever in Utah look it up and stop by. I just cant even describe how awesome it was. So a big thanks to my dad for a wonderful day and a big thanks to Cyndi for letting him take the day off to spend with us.

Pretty cool T-Rex
My favorite at the Aquarium

The two cutest and most wonderful kids ever!

Cyndi and Ashlee

My dad, Ashlee and Logan
It sure was a wonderful 10 days, getting to spend time with family we dont see as often as we wish we could. But it was sure good to get headed home, we missed our beds, or normal routines and of course we missed daddy the most :)!!!!! Thanks to everyone for making it a wonderful 10 days.

1 comment:

  1. What a FUN time!!! =) The dinosaur mueseum and aquarium look awesome!! Looks like both Logan and Ashlee had fun with Abbey! =) Oh and next time I'm in Utah I totally want to check out that store! =)

    ReplyDelete