Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Birthday Fun!

Another Year Behind Me!!!

That makes 28! What a wonderful 28th year it was!

Not my birthday cake, but it sure looks yummy!!
I got to celebrate my birthday 4 days this year.

The Saturday before my birthday my mom and I got to spend the day together. That's right, no kids. Matthew was nice enough to keep them so that I could spend some time with my mom. We sure had a wonderful day together, another reminder of why she is my best friend and the best mother a girl could ask for. We started the day off, by stopping by the Filer Fairgrounds to check out the craft fair that was going on. We just browsed through to see if there was anything new or anything that we needed. I found myself a couple hats and a few cute headbands. I cant wait to wear my hats this winter :)! Then we headed to Real Deals which is a pretty sweet store that is full of super cute house decor and furniture. My mom goes there way too much as the ladies working there knew her by name. Then we went and got a bite to eat. Funny story as we were deciding where to eat I told mom the two places I was thinking which were: Chilis for a bowl of soup, a salad and of course the Oreo Topped Molten Cake or Idaho Joes for a bowl of soup and a cinnamon/sugar scone. She busted up laughing because those were the two places she was thinking and she thought of the same things to eat. These have been two places we have gone to eat together since I was in High School and it was just me and her. To say the least great minds think alike. So we ended up going to Chilis and of course we ate dessert first then we enjoyed our soup and salads. Then it was off to the mall to do a little shopping. We shopped till we dropped, but enjoyed trying on clothes and getting ideas for Christmas. We were tried by the time we got done shopping that we headed back to Tim's to get dinner ready. Matthew was bringing the kids in and Mom and Tim cooked us steak and Lobster. It was a perfect Birthday Saturday with my mom!

Then Sunday, my dad was in town and he came to church with us. Logan was so excited that Papa Duck was there with him, he even took papa to sunbeams and was so proud. Then my dad came to our house and my Grandparents came out to enjoy dinner with us. My grandma made me a cake and we enjoyed a few hours together.

So it was a super special and wonderful weekend with family! I sure have been a lucky girl these past 28 years.  Sure made my birthday special this year :)!!!!

Then on my birthday, I had a presidency meeting and then spent most of the morning frustrated with primary stuff. So I decided to do nothing that afternoon besides hang out with the kids and enjoy the hours left. Matthew had a gift waiting for me when I got home. 

JVC GZHM40BUS Black HD Flash Camcorder w/ 40x Optical Zoom, 2.7" LCD display, Advanced Image Stabilizer
Yep a camcorder. I was pretty excited. Mine is blue! I love it. I have been wanting one since we had Logan and I finally got one :)! I got it just in time for our first family vacation since our honeymoon. We have plans to head to Utah to see my dad and Cyndi. So I cant wait. 

We also got to go out and eat dinner with Flint and Lisa. We met them in Twin and ate at Sizzler. It sure had been a long time since we had eaten there, but I sure enjoyed the salad bar, and my steak and Malibu chicken. We sure had fun, and we always love getting to spend time with Flint and Lisa. Thanks for the wonderful company and wonderful dinner :)!


So as you can see I had a pretty fantastic birthday!!! I sure am the luckiest girl to have such wonderful family and friends to make my birthday so special!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment