Monday, September 7, 2009

Canning, Canning, and More Canning!

It seems like I have done nothing but can for the past couple of weeks. Our tomatoes are finally starting to ripen and so I can a little at a time. I have canned about 20 pints of salsa, 3 quarts of spaghetti sauce, 8 pints of plum jam and 12 quarts of apricot nectar. It is always fun to can and to see our food storage accumulating. I just love trying new things. I hope to can some peaches, pears, carrots, and tons more tomatoes before the year is over. So much fun, but it sure is a lot of work.

This is a trial pot of my aunts recipe for spaghetti sauce. So far it smells and tastes great. We shall see.

Some of my salsa adventure today.

Waiting for yet another day.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...that is great. I am not a canner - although sometimes I wish I was. Way to go!! What yummy stuff to eat all winter!

    ReplyDelete