Monday, December 20, 2010

12-12-10

What a great day this was!

Well I guess I will start from the beginning so that I can remember all that happened later on. Well things started on 12-11, I was a little down because I was ready to have Ashlee and I was hoping to have her early and not go to my due date or later so that I would have to have the c-section that we had scheduled for the 16th. So that morning I had decided that I was going to clean the car, put the car seat in and get my hospital bag ready and put it in the car. More for wishful thinking than for anything else. So I went about my day as usual just getting things in order and marking things off my to-do list. However I was noticing that my contractions were a little stronger than normal and about 10-11 that morning I seemed to be having some a few minutes apart, but then they calmed down and everything went back to normal. So I got everything done on my list and we got a call that my car was finally fixed and we could go pick it up. So we decided that since we were going to town to meet everyone in Twin to eat for Flints birthday that we would go in early and get my car and then go meet everyone. We had about a half hour before everyone was meeting so we decided to stop by and see my mom. While we were there I started having contractions that were pretty intense and were coming about every 2-3 minutes and this kept going for about 30-40 minutes, so my mom told us that we needed to get to the hospital, and those who know my mom know that we were headed to the hospital regardless (but I have to say she was right). So we left Logan with her and Matt and I headed to the hospital. Which I was still a little hesitant about because I didn't want to be only dilated to a 3 and have to just go home and wait it out. But we went anyway because my contractions never let up being 2-3 minutes apart. So we got there and checked in and of course I was only dilated to a 3 but I was 75% effaced. So they had me walk the hall trying to get me to dilate more. So Matt and I walked from about 6:30-7:45 and then they hooked me back up to the machines and checked and I was still a three but was 80% effaced. So they gave me the option to stay and they would give me some morphine to help me relax and maybe dilate or I could go home and wait it out. But Matt and I looked at each other and thought well my contractions haven't stopped coming at 2-3 minutes apart, so how do we know when to come back, when the baby's head was sticking out. So we decided to stay and try the morphine. I had to stay for 2 hours and just rest and they would check me again after those 2 hours. So I slept feeling pretty tired, while Matt and my mom waited it out. So they came back in and checked me about 12:00 and I was dilated to a 5 so they kept me there and called the doctor. He came in and broke my water and then the contractions really started hitting pretty hard. I wanted an epidural but the anesthesiologist didn't get up there until I was dilated to an 8 so I experience more pain and contractions than I wanted to. But I did get an intrathecial, which was wonderful!!! The only thing was that I only had 2 hours to get the baby out before it wore off. I am not sure what time all this happened but I do know that I was dilated and totally thinned out by 2:00AM and our precious little Ashlee was here by 2:19AM.

I definitely have to say that child birth was different than I thought or pictured and contractions and the amount of pain was different than I had expected. I commend all those who go through it without any type of pain management, you are definitely tough women. I however recommend to everyone I talk to or will talk to, to do something, I don't see why not if it is there, I don't see why you would want to go through the pain if you don't have to. But that is just my opinion. I am just glad that Ashlee is here and that both of us are doing well. I had a couple of humbling experiences that make me truly count my blessings and realize that she came when she was ready and that I really need to work on my patience. I have a cousin who's wife delivered her baby the same day as I did, but she was only 26 weeks along. The baby was only 1lb 9oz. I couldn't even imagine having to go through that. Also while we were at the hospital we learned that the couple across the hall from us had lost their baby. So I should never have complained about carrying Ashlee full term and I should be grateful that after all I went through that she is here and healthy. I am very grateful to have two wonderful and healthy kids. It truly is a blessing and I am grateful for them everyday :)!!!


Pics are in random order.
Cutie Pie!

Love it! Hanging with Daddy!


We were both very tired!



Look at those cubby cheeks!




Grandma after a very long night. Thanks for being there to help.


One proud Daddy! First one to hold her and she is very alert and was wide eyed from the time she came out.
Wow! It was great to hold her, but I look like it was a long night.

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful! Congratulations! I am so glad she is finally her for you!

    ReplyDelete