Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mothers Day Weekend!

So Mothers Day weekend was busy. First of all Matthew had been sick all week, which was no fun around here. Then Friday morning he woke up and told me to look in his throat, so I did and it looked pretty disgusting. We both were pretty sure that he had strep-throat. So we got him an appointment here in Buhl at the Family Health Services. When we saw the dr and she looked in his throat she was like WOW! We are definitely going to do a strep test and it came back in just a few minutes positive, which was no surprise to us. Then she told Matthew that he had two choices, that he could either have a one time shot with the antibiotics (which is going to sting) or he could take antibiotics for 10 days, twice a day. He chose the shot and the dr was shocked and said really ?! So the nurse came in to give the shot and when Matthew looked at it he said it looked pretty thick. (Me I am just laughing to myself, because I definitely would have chosen the 10 days of antibiotics). So the nurse says ok I need you to pull your pants down a little bit because this shot goes in the butt. (I am laughing even harder to myself now). So Matthew does and the nurse winds up and gives him the shot like she is throwing darts and I saw him flinch pretty good, but he didnt say anything until the nurse left. Then he said it felt like he got hit in the butt with a baseball ( Now I was laughing out loud). He thought that he was pretty tough and the shot sure got the best of him. But in the end he said that he would get the shot again because within 12 hours he was felling a whole lot better. So his weekend was spent laying on the couch resting.

However, after his appointment we went into Twin because I needed to run some errands and I made him go with me so I could keep an eye on him. He rested at my moms house while I met up with my sister to run our errands. First we stopped and got Matthew some throat spray and some juice then we went and bought my mom some flowers to plant in her pots in front of her house, because that is what we do for her every Mothers Day. So we did that and then stopped and grabbed everyone lunch and went back to my moms house to plant flowers. We hung out there for a while and just talked and let Logan play outside.

My sister Michelle with Ashlee.

This kid loves water I think more than anything. We couldnt get him away from it.

He watered the rocks, his feet, all the flowers, trees and the sidewalk.

It was fun to just watch him play and have fun.

Then we all left so that Matthew could take a nap and we ran into the mall to just walk around and look. It sure was a nice day and a fun day to celebrate Mothers Day with my mom. We sure love her for everything that she does for us and our kids.

Then we stopped by my Grandparents house, to spend a little time with them. I guess that I didnt take to many pictures there, but I did get a few more of Michelle with the kids.



Then Saturday my dad and Cyndi came up from Utah, so I loaded the kids up and headed back into Twin to spend the day with them. We sure had fun despite the rainy weather we had all day. We talked, had a delicious turkey dinner and then pretty much played games all afternoon. We had fun hanging out with them and my grandparents. We got a late start home that night, because I had promised our Sunday school class that we would bring them oreo cupcakes to class and I still had to make them. So I stayed up until 12 that night baking oreo cupcakes. Finally I got those done and went to bed.

Sunday morning came and I was the only one going to church. I was going to take Logan and Matthew was going to keep Ashlee home with him, but Logan was still sleeping at 8:45 when I left so he missed church too. So I went to church and we had a great Sacrament Meeting, I thought. Then I had to teach our Sunday School class, but it was a good thing that we played review jeopardy and then ate cupcakes. Then I had to teach young women's, which I really enjoy. Then I came home and ran some cupcakes to Lisa for Mothers Day. A small thank you for all the wonderful things she does for us. Then we headed over to the Garners and had dinner with them for Mothers Day.

Shauna, Hal and Trent all watching How to Train Your Dragon with Logan.

So it was a busy but fun Mothers Day weekend at our house this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment