Friday, December 7, 2012

O Christmas Tree 2012

This year was kind of a fun year for picking out a Christmas Tree. The kids and I got up and got ready for the day, and we got to put the kid's car seats into Papas Truck. Logan and Ashlee both thought that this was pretty cool. Then we loaded up and headed into Twin to get our Christmas Tree. Logan was so excited that he asked me 100 questions on the way into Twin. Mommy where are we going to get our Christmas Tree? We are going to get a big, big, big, Christmas tree, right mom? Are we there? and so on. We finally arrived at the Lloyd Family Christmas Tree lot. They have the best trees! So we got out and walked around looking for the perfect tree. ( I wish that I would have had my camera with me to take a picture of us, but I will have to remember for next year). We finally agreed on this one: (sad to say I didnt get many pictures of our tree this year, but it really was a beautiful tree!)



Christmas Tree 2012

Every year my mom signs up to decorate a tree for the Festival of Trees here in Twin Falls. This year she had the idea to do a Nativity Tree. She said she had always wanted to put a Nativity Set on a tree and so this year she did it.
Moms Festival Of Trees Tree 2012
My mom is pretty talented and what is cool about this tree and nativity set is that my mom had the Nativity Set made at a ceramic shop and then she hand painted every piece! I have to say that I am pretty amazed at how detailed she was. Should I be amazed, not really. She is pretty amazing, and I know that!

Here are so close ups of the Nativity Set on the Tree:






Love the quote from the Grinch: Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps... means a little bit more.
We met her in Twin to help me take the tree from her house to the Ballroom. She rented a small U haul to transport it and guess who had to ride in the back to hold the tree so it wouldn't fall. Yep ME! It sure is a good thing we didn't have far to go, I get motion sickness pretty easy, and I think we made it to the Ballroom just before the motion sickness really set in. Lets just say its not fun riding in the dark, not being able to really know which direction you are traveling :(! But we made it and were able to get the tree set up.

Grandma and her little Helpers
  Here are a few of the other trees that where set up that I thought were pretty cool. 


It was also Moms birthday when we had to set the tree up, so we were able to spend the day helping her and celebrating her Birthday :)!

1 comment:

  1. Great looking Christmas tree this year! Your Mom's tree turned out awesome! When she told me her theme this year I knew it would be great! :) Cant believe you rode in the Uhaul! I don't get motion sickness but I think that would have even made me sick! You're a champ! :)

    ReplyDelete