Friday, December 11, 2015

Getting Ready for Christmas

It's that time of year again, time for all the excitement, decorations, parties, goodies, and lots of time spent with family. We love getting ready for Christmas, it is definitely one of our favorite times of year. We always start off the season by going and picking out our Christmas tree. It wasn't as easy this year picking out our tree. The tree lot didnt have all their trees out and set up, but we went anyway. It took a while to get a tree and we finally decided on one. Now it is time to get it home and get it decorated. Which means that we get to find out what our new ornaments will be this year!!!!


Ashlee got another Elsa (but she is in her green dress)

Mishagan got her snowman- Olaf

Logan our BSU fan got his BSU football 

They look good on the tree, too!




I definitely have the best tree decorators ever! They love helping and they do a great job every year!

Christmas Tree 2015


1st Christmas Tree 2015
He got a BSU Santa Hat this year-Spoiled


So our 1st Tree started getting really dry and we only had it about a week. So I had to contact the tree lot and they told me to bring it back and they would just replace it. Easy for them to say. I had to un-decorate it, move furniture and get it outside. Not really a fun task that I wanted to have to do twice this year. But I also didnt want a brown tree on Christmas, so I gave in and got it taken down.

Look At that Mess
So I had to go pick out the second tree by myself. Which was again not an easy task. They didnt have too many that I liked the shape of and I walked around forever trying to decide on one. I finally did and this is the beauty that I brought home. Matt made fun of it at first because it was small, and I was feeling bad. But once we got it inside and set up, it was perfect. It was just the right size for our house and it allowed us to use our train for the first time in 8 years. I had to decorate it by myself because my helpers apparently only like decorating once.

2nd and Final Christmas Tree 2015
 
Cute girls in their matching Christmas Shirts
 Another fun Christmas activity is attending our ward Christmas Party. There is always a visit from Santa which the kids love. Mishagan was scared to death and so we didnt make her go see him, but Logan and Ashlee always have stars in their eyes when Santa walks in. 




We cant wait for all the other fun Christmas things that we will do this year!! Tis the Season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment