Thursday, October 22, 2009

Food Storage...

First of all, I am kind of glad that canning season is over for me. I do thoroughly enjoy canning but with everything else I am glad I am done. I had a pretty good year and am glad that we have a start on our food storage. I really struggle with my water storage, we have a 50 gal tub just sitting in the basement waiting to be filled and it has been that way since oh I don't know April. I keep saying we need to get this filled, this Saturday and then for real this Saturday and yet it still sits empty. I am really going to try before the winter comes. But here is what we have put away so far. I am just curious what are some of the things others can and what are some other ways people store stuff. So anyone who reads this let me know what you guys do. I am up for new ideas and love to see what others have done. We always had a good food storage growing up and someday I will reach that point for my family, but I guess that I have to start somewhere.
Some of the things we have:
Tomatoes
Salsa
Spaghetti Sauce
Green Beans
Carrots
Grape Juice
Apricot Nectar
Flour
Sugar
Wheat
Noodles
Soups(Tomato, Chicken Noodle, Cream of Chicken)
Tuna and Canned Chicken
Honey, Butter, other misc items
Candles
Camp Stove and Propane
Hot Chocolate
Ramen Noodles
Mandarin Oranges
Peaches and Pear
Very limited water supply

I would really love ideas on how to improve upon and add to our food storage!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! You have been busy! I only wish I was even 1/2 as good at you with the whole canning thing! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Niki, I'm very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete