Friday, June 24, 2011

A Few Firsts!

So this summer is going to be full of a lot of FIRSTS for Logan! We started off with having Carson stay the night with us while Zac, Laura and Macey went to help get Grandpa Jacobson's truck unstuck. So we blew up the air mattress and they watched Over the Hedge and a few episodes of Spongebob and they were both sound asleep. I slept out on the couch just to make sure they were okay. They both did great and next time I am sleeping in my bed.  






Carson got to stay until lunch time the next day so we played outside. I mowed the lawn and Logan, Carson and Ashlee all played outside. Logan and Carson chased each other and played on the swing set. Ashlee sat in the shade in her exersaucer and just enjoyed being outside. I even was able to con the boys into stacking some branches that I cut off our trees into a pile for me. They sure were a lot of help. So it was definitely a fun first sleep over at our house for Logan. He sure was upset that Carson had to go home, and was sad for about a hour or two after he left :(! So we will have to have Carson come over and spend the night again!


The other first is that yesterday my mom took the day off because the Circus was in town and she took Logan to it! They sure had a fun day, with all the fun stories that I heard. He had so much fun that he didn't want to come home, he wanted to go spend the night with GRANDMA!

Typical Logan turning from the camera. But it was a hot one yesterday so Logan sat under the umbrella and ate his yummy snow cone!!!

Sitting watching the people and animals! Look at the snow cone, he ate the whole thing!

The tigers!

He growls when he sees these pictures!


Pretty Cool!


Now this is yet another first at the Circus. My mom gave him a choice to either get his picture taken with a BEAR or to ride the ELEPHANT. Although his eyes lit up when he told me that he saw a BEAR, he was even more excited that he got to ride an ELEPHANT!!!!

His view from a top the ELEPHANT!!

I thinks its cool that he got to sit in the front. What a special picture of him and Grandma riding an Elephant together for the first time!
Some time we will have to go to a bigger Circus because Matthew has never been to one. Then maybe we can all ride an Elephant. So a big thanks to Grandma for making yesterday such a fun memory for Logan! He sure had a big smile on his face when he got home. He also had an incredibly annoying space gun that he seemed to come home with from the circus too! So thanks again Grandma! (Its really not that bad, its actually kind of cool)

So he will be experiencing yet another first with Grandma today and I will post pics and stories after I hear how things went :)!!!!!!

It is going to be a great summer for us this year!!!!


So Logan got to go to his first movie at the movie theater. Yep it was CARS 2! He did great at it and only had to go to the bathroom a thousand times, because I guess he had a lot to drink :)! I am not sure if it was a good movie or as good as the first, but it had McQueen and Mater in it so who cares. So we will have to go as a family sometime. I cant wait!

2 comments:

  1. Niki- I loved your comment on my blog about being reminded of getting together all those years ago. We had so much fun, didn't we? I'm remembering going skating and to pizza one time for family home evening together. And one my favorite memories is when the gang stayed at our house when your mom and dad went on a cruise one year. I remember dancing in the front room and I remember the amount of Ketchup Michelle put on her mac & cheese. :) Gag.

    Glad Logan enjoyed the circus. We went too and had a great time. Although we weren't lucky enough to ride the elephant. Lucky little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sleepovers and the Circus! Looks like Logan had loads of fun!! =)

    ReplyDelete