Wednesday, March 7, 2012

An Early Start to Spring Cleaning :)!

So Monday was a beautiful day. It was finally nice enough for Logan, Ashlee and I to spend a few hours outdoors. I guess I am just sooooo sick of being stuck inside because of crappy weather, that I did some yard work. Yep, I mowed our lawn, the awful looking weed patch in our front yard, and picked up all the trash that the wind blew into our yard. It was just so nice to spend sometime outside and I did something constructive. The kids were able to play and run in the yard. I think that we all really enjoyed our day outside.

But that is just what it was, ONE day outside, because the next few days were cold, and windy. We are so ready for nice weather to come and stay. At least I was able to get a jump on my lawn so that way it wont be like last year. I had to mow the lawn three times to get it to the length we like it, because it was such a wet spring. 

Since Tuesday was such a cold day, I stayed inside and did a lot of deep cleaning. I cleaned all but my living room and office. I was so motivated that I took down the all the blinds and washed them in the bathtub with bleach. Then I dejunked every room, meaning that I finally got rid of all the little stuff that we keep hanging on to. I now have a huge bag of junk to take to D.I. I also cleaned the ceiling fans. It feels good to get some of the major stuff off my to do list. Now I get to start tackling my projects list :)!

Now just get here SPRING and stay!

2 comments:

  1. GO Niki GO!!! Come to my house next would ya?!?! ;) Your kids are little cuties!!! Hope all is going well with you, just checkin in and saying HI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO!!! Don't you just love those days where you have motivation coming out of your ears?! :) haha! Sounds like you were super busy, but very accomplished! Good for you!! :) I'm with you on wanting some NICE weather to come and stay.. we are definitely ready up north too!!!

    ReplyDelete