Sunday, June 24, 2012

Another Week Gone

Starting Sunday the 17th to the 23rd the kids and I were asked to take care of the dogs for my mom and her boyfriend while they went on vacation. We had to feed them at night and then again in the morning so we would head in at night and then just stay the night and get up in the morning and take care of them again. So it was a long week.


Monday we got up and we were able to head home and spend some time with Matt. 


 Tuesday we got up and went to my grandparents and knocked a few of the things my grandpa needed me to do, but it took us a good part of the day so we just stayed in Twin. 


Wednesday we got up and got groceries which took a good chunk of the morning, then I went home put the groceries away and then I headed over to the Garners and we went a picked strawberries so that we could make some freezer jam. So it was a late night and I had to pack the kids up and head back into Twin. Logan was sad and he stayed home with his daddy!


Thursday we got up and headed home so that I could make some jam, before the strawberries went bad. I also had to get home so that I could get Logan so that Matthew could go to work. 

STRAWBERRY JAM

Last Crop of Strawberries from Raugust , the berries were super tiny and I didnt get as much I would have liked but at least I got some.

This is the pectin I like to use. It use a whole lot less sugar. It is 4-1/2 cups fruit to 1-1/2 cups sugar!

My little helper this year. She LOVES strawberries and would just keep grabbing them and shoving them in her mouth :)!


Yep there she goes again!


Holding her hard work!

I was able to get 16 cups of jam.

She screamed at me when I took the picture above so I had to get her in the picture. Look at that smile and those strawberries on her face.
Of course we had to spend some time playing at home before we headed back to Twin.

Logan doing his exercises as he calls them.

He is getting pretty good at it, I would say :)!

Friday we got up and did a little shopping. Shopko had some pretty good deals and we had to take advantage of them. Then we headed over to my grandparents so that I could mow the lawn. Then we headed home and mowed our lawn and played outside. Just to head back into Twin and we spent the evening with Michelle, Val and Richard at my grandparents house because they came down for the weekend to help my grandpa. We made dinner and played games. Then poor little Logan wanted to go home and see his daddy, but we had to stay in Twin and it took a little to calm him down., but he did great.


Playing outside with our new slip-n-slide that we got at Shopko 







Uncle Dylan even stopped by to cool down and play.

He help push Ashlee down the slide :)!

Saturday Morning was the last time to take care of the dogs and then we went and saw Michelle and the gang again before they headed back to Pocatello. Then it was home to make sure that things were ready for church the next day.

What a long week! It was sure great to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment