Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Garden 2013 and Project Mailbox

 Here is our Garden for 2013 





Plants Planted This Year:
Potatoes
Peas
Lettuce
Cabbage
Carrots
Onions
23 Peppers (Green, Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, Jalapenos,and Banana Peppers)
23 Tomatoes
Corn
Cucumbers
Watermelon

We are sure hoping that everything does well this year. I am needing to can a lot of a few different things this year and of course we cant wait for fresh salsa and hopefully we can get some watermelons worthy of eating this year :)! We got some advice from Brent Cannon this year to add some black plastic under our watermelons. They need way more heat that we get here, so we gave it a try and I sure hope it works. 

Happy Gardening Season 2013!!!

I also have to show that we finally got around to updating our mailbox this year. Our poor old thing has been hit, knocked down and who knows what else happened to it. Lets just say it was time to say good bye. There was a few nasty spider webs in the back and a wasps nest, the door was missing and on windy days I could find our mail in the borrow-pit. So here is the old beauty that we said good bye to.


Then I spent a few days gathering the supplies and putting together our new mailbox. Matthew cut the post and I did the rest. My mom gave us one of her old milk cans and then I got to work. I set the post in the milk can with two bags of cement that I mixed in our wheel-barrel with a shovel (which was a first for me, but wasnt to hard to figure out) then I just found some screws and put the rest together. I am excited as to how it turned out, and I know it is just a mailbox (probably not worthy of a post) but I am excited to have a new one and maybe I will get all of our mail :)!

Isn't it beautiful!
Here it is taking its rightful place on the side of the road!
  I am sure our mail lady with Thank us one day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment