Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4th of July 2013


 Happy Independence Day 2013!!!

Also Happy Birthday to my brother Josh, to Nana Shauna and to Tim!

First I want to say Thank You to all the men and women who fight to protect our freedoms! I feel very blessed to live in America! I am grateful for the freedoms that I get to enjoy and know that they are not free. I appreciate all the sacrifices that have been made for our country. 

I have to say that the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. We are lucky to live so close to Matthew's family and we have set the tradition of getting together with his family every year since we have been married. We always have such a wonderful time and I look forward to it every year. We start the day off by several people running in the Fun Run before the Parade in Buhl. This year Matthew, Tanille, Ty, Maricela, and Maricela's friend all ran the 5k. So I got the kids up and ready and we headed into Buhl so that we could see the start of the race. We were able to catch Matthew as he had begun the race, the kids thought it was fun to cheer for him. So we waited at the finish line and the kids played waiting for daddy to come in. 


Logan, Ashlee, Hailey




I couldn't get them to sit still and let me take a good picture. They kept trying to be funny. So this is all I got. I was even bad and didnt get a picture of anyone finishing the race. I was so proud of Matthew. He ran the 5k in about 22 min and ? sec. I cant remember his exact time. He did great!!! Ty came in right behind him and then Tanille and Maricela. They all did a great job, I think that I going to get in shape and run it next year, I think that I am going to try and have Logan run it with me. It should be fun!!!

Next was the parade!



It was definitely a hot day and the kids got lots of candy. Apparently when I am pregnant it affects my picture taking skills so really I just sat and watched the parade and the kids having fun.

After the parade we made our way back to Flint and Lisa's. The kids played all day out in the water and had fun. I took and nap and missed whatever fun they had during that. Then it was time for dinner. It was kind of a crazy weather day. During dinner it got really, really windy and we had to go inside and wait it out before we could start fireworks. It finally calmed down and we were able to go outside and enjoy our own firework show (thanks to Ty)!

First off the kids got to shoot off some Roman Candles and I was able to get Logan and eventually Ashlee to shoot some off. I didnt get a picture of Ashlee because I had to help her, but once she started she didn't want to stop.


Logan with his Roman Candle

Ashlee trying to show me her mean face!

Then I got her to smile!
Ashlee chillin with Daddy!
 Time for the Fireworks!






It was a great fun and relaxing 4th of July!! Can't wait until next year!!

Sunday the 7th of July




Blessed to have these two in our lives!! Logan and Ashlee !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment