Monday, August 19, 2013

Crazy First Week!

 So I guess I better explain what a crazy first week we had. So we went in to the hospital Tuesday morning about 10 am to get checked in and ready to welcome little Mishagan into this world. Both Matthew and my mom were there with me and we just sat and talked as the nurse checked me in and got me ready for my c-section. It didnt seem like we were there very long when it was time for me to go back to the room to get all ready. As soon as I sat down on the table and everything got underway, it was crazy how it all came back to me from 5 years ago when I went through it with Logan. I remember Matthew coming in and then I got a little sleepy and closed my eyes for a little bit. I could still hear everyone, but I just needed to close my eyes for a bit. Then it wasn't long before I hear the very loud, but sweet cry of our Baby Girl. It really is such a tender moment and really is one of the greatest things I have ever been through. What a blessing it is to have children. I told everyone that this was probably my best experience having a baby, because I was calm and I went in knowing exactly what I wanted and what I was going through. (Logan was my first and I didnt know what to expect, then I had Ashlee naturally so it was like I was having my first all over again). It is kind of great knowing exactly when your little one will be here and now I will have to have c-sections with the rest of our babies (however many more that will be).

So since I had a c-section, I had to stay at the hospital until Thursday. So we had visitors for a few days and I got rest while I let the nurses take care of Mishagan. It was nice to get rest and know that she was being cared for. While we were in the hospital Mishagan and I were asked to be in a commercial for St Lukes. They came in Thursday morning before we were to go home and they shot some footage and took some pictures. It was fun and come to find out we are in a few different commercials on tv, in a few different ads in the paper, in some brochures and we are even on a couple big billboards. Then we were able to go home.  


Mishagan going home 8/15/13
 So now begins the craziness.
So even though we were at the hospital for a couple days. There are still two other children that needed to be cared for and this is where the craziness begins. So we have such wonderful family that really pitched in and helped us out. So Tuesday night Logan and Ashlee were able to go spend the night with Nana Shauna and Papa Hal and they stayed with them until Wednesday evening. Hal brought them to the hospital and then Matthew kept them for the night. Then Thursday morning Matthew and Logan headed camping with Papa Jacobson and some of the boys from our ward. Ashlee stayed with Grandma Jacobson. So as you can see Matthew wasn't around to come get me from the hospital. So Lisa came and got me and Mishagan and she took care of us until Matthew and Logan got back on Saturday. So Thursday I went back to Lisa's house and Ashlee and Lisa took care of me and Mishagan. Then Friday morning, Lisa had to go to work, and my mom came and got me, Ashlee and Mishagan and took us to Mishagan's Dr's appointment, then she took us back to Lisa's and her and Ashlee headed back to Twin to spend some time together. My mom kept Ashlee over night and brought her back Saturday, when Matthew and Logan got back from camping. Then Sunday, Matthew took the kids to church and I stayed home with Mishagan. Then Monday it was time to get things back to normal.

So a big thanks to Lisa, my mom, Shauna and Hal. We sure love you all!!!

Some fun pictures of Logan and Ashlee's adventures.

Ashlee's new haircut she got while with Grandma Marie!!

She's pretty darn cute even though she wouldnt smile.

Love this one because it shows a little of her mean side! Yes she does have one.

They were so excited to see each other, after being apart for 3 days!!!


Logan's Camping Trip with the Boys


This is what he was the most excited about. He wanted to catch some fish and then have daddy cook them so that he could eat them.

He was where ever the boys were!






Isnt he a handsome little boy?!!!

He was always in the boat when the boys went out!!








Thanks to the boys, Papa, Daddy and Bishop Cannon for taking Logan along and making it something that he enjoyed.

Hopefully things will slow down a bit, so we can get back to normal. But then again how less crazy can it get now that we have 3 kiddos.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment