Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Not Too Old To Learn

So my brakes needed replaced bad and not just the front, the back ones also. So I took my car to have the brakes checked and I got told that it would take about $860 to change all four brakes. I about died. I thought there is no way we can afford that. So I was talking to my dad and he said that he would help if we just picked up the parts. And I thought that is do-able. So he came down this weekend and Logan and I spent the whole day Saturday learning how to change brakes. We hit a few bumps in our road, but we did figure them out and now my brakes are as good as new (and we saved about $800 not to bad for a days work). Now I am at least a tiny bit aware of what a brake looks like and how to change them. I will not be attempting it on my own by any means but I think that I could do it with someone there to help. It was a great learning experience for me. It was also great to spend the day with my dad, he sure enjoyed getting to see and spend some time with Logan since he lives in Utah. They played and had a great time.

He kept trying to push Grandpa off the bed.

This boy loves to climb.

Couldnt get them both to look at the camera at the same time, but a cute pic anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! =) Glad Logan got to see his Grandpa! And way to go on the brakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Good job on the brakes! Glad you are safe again.

    ReplyDelete