Saturday, January 29, 2011

Russell M. Nelson

So on the 23rd of January the Filer Stake had a special stake conference where we had the privilege of getting to hear from Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. It was a pretty cool experience because I have never been in an actual meeting where an Apostle has spoken. I listen to them every General Conference, but he was actually in our stake building. It was a great meeting. All the talks were good and it was great to hear from Elder Nelson outside of General Conference. The talks were on missionary work and strengthening the family, teaching your children. I realized a few things that I/we as a family need to work on. So we have already changed a few things since then. We finally did our first Family Home Evening with Logan the other day and he loved it. He sat there and listened. Now I just have to create a lot more little lesson and activities for this year. I hope that I can be creative. Anyway we waited around after the meeting and Matthew and I took Logan and Ashlee up and we all got to shake his hand. I didn't really know what to say to him so we just shook his hand and said hi and moved on. It was just all a really cool experience. One in which I hope to participate in again before I die. But in my 26 years of being a live this is the first time that I have actually been close to an Apostle. WAY COOL.

The Tuesday before the Stake Conference we had a Relief Society activity where we learned a little about him and got to eat yummy soups in bread bowls and tied a quilt. It was great to learn about Elder Nelson. He is a pretty amazing man. He has done more in the medical world to help people that anyone I know of. He is a very bright individual. I loved to hear some of his stories at Stake Conference. They say that they are just ordinary people, but he sure seemed a little extra-ordinary to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment