Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where Has All the Money Gone

This is not going to be a complaining post, I was just amazed at where pretty much most of our money has gone. I got on to look and see if all the claims had gone through for having Ashlee. They all had and the total was over $13, 000 and I thought that it was going to be less than what it cost to have Logan, because he was a c-section. I think she might be just as much. We have insurance but we still have to pay about 3/4 of that. So I decided that I would look and see just how much all of Logan's medical bills have added up to. His include his birth, staph infection and broken arm and total over $30,000. Although we didn't have to pay all of that we still have paid 3/4 of that. So with all things said, we have the expenses of everyday living but the rest of our extra money has gone to paying medical bills. Our two precious kids are totally worth it, but it would be nice if somehow we could figure out how to lower the amount of $ going to medical bills. The past two years our tax returns have gone straight to medical bills and I am pretty sure most of our tax return this year will go to paying off medical bills. I am just hoping one of these years we can do something fun with it, like go on a family vacation or someday put it towards some of the wants that we have instead of the needs. But I should just be grateful that we are all healthy and that we really do have what we need. Its just amazing where all our money has gone.

1 comment:

  1. I really feel your pain Nik....Keep your chin up and keep on keeping on :)....and then when you get your money saved up for a vacation LET ME COME ;)!! Love ya my friend!

    ReplyDelete