Thursday, February 10, 2011

Potty Training Update

So since my last post things are going well. We did however take a small break for a couple weeks and went back to diapers. But he is doing great now. Logan will tell us when he has to pee and has only had a few small accidents. He takes naps and doesn't pee, so we are making progress. He however had an issue with pooping the other day. He absolutely wont poop when he is on the potty. He totally freaked out and just screamed his head off. So he has all together decided that he just wont poop and hasn't for a while now. I am a little worried, but I keep him full of apple juice hoping that he will either go on the potty or I am going to have a huge mess to clean up. I prefer the potty but I guess that we will wait and see. So if there is anyone who has suggestions on how to get him to poop on the potty, I would greatly appreciate them. Or let me know what I should do when he freaks out about having him try to poop in the potty. I just don't know what to do.

2 comments:

  1. Maddax is finally potty trained and its so wonderful!! HE had a few accidents in his underwear and it seemed to cure the issues with pooping in the potty. I used mini m&ms as an incentive for going in the potty also and stickers worked too. Nothing wrong with a little bribery!! But seriously when he's ready, he'll just do it one day!! its crazy! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay....so I had this very same child. Rhett was that way exactly! He would not go #2 on the pot and would freak out if I tried to make him, then he would go play and poop his pants! It drove me CRAZY!! I don't know if apple juice goes through Logan or not, but I had a doc tell me apples/apple juice actually constipate. Just a tip just incase he is one that they plug up! That is NO FUN either!
    Okay...so one tip we tried and atleast it kinda worked was one Ross's wife Nicole told us on the family website. We bought a new game and brought it home and talked about it and showed Rhett how fun it was and then explained to him when he poos on the pot he can play it. We put it on top of the fridge and talked several times during the day about how we couldn't wait to play that game, but left the "when" up to him. The doc just told me lately when I took Rhett in for picky eating that there are only 2 things kids are in control of, and that is what they eat and when they pee/poo. He is right! He said that kids hold onto the control of those 2 things as-long-as possible. He said the more we can make them think that it is "their idea" the better. GOOD LUCK! I HATE potty training. If I think of any other things that worked with Rhett I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete