Friday, February 25, 2011

A Few Randoms

A Little Friendly Family Competition
So Matt and I decided that we need to help motivate each other in our weight loss goals. So we are going to start our version of the Jacobson Biggest Loser. We are going to officially start on Monday February 28th. We both have decided that we are surely gaining a little unwanted weight. We haven't hit the fat stage yet, but we are both well on our way. We need to do something and sooner is better than later. We are going to weigh ourselves every Monday and see who loses the most weight over a months time. We will do it for 3 months. We haven't quite decided what the prizes will be for each month, so please give us some suggestions. I think a cash prize would be great so that I can buy some new clothes once I am looking and feeling better about myself (because of course I am going to kick Matt's butt in this). I am pretty excited to get started, because apparently I am not as self-motivated with exercising as I should be. It will be interesting to see what we are going to accomplish these next three months. I will try to post pics, but I am not sure I really want to see what I really look like until the 3 months is over. Stay tuned for updates.

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW

What Logan saw this morning. SNOW!!!


Just looking out our back door:



And here I am hoping for SPRING, not quite yet I guess.


SHOWIN LITTLE SISTER THE ROPES
I think he loves being a big brother don't you?

Showing her how to play.

Love these two little ones :)!

2 comments:

  1. Good idea on the weight loss competition! What a good plan, I believe I may need to bust out some better motivation in the exercise category as well.. If Spring weather would hit I may be more enthusiastic!! Dang snow... How about these ideas for prizes- If you win the first month Matt takes you out to dinner, or a movie, If he wins-you cook his favorite meal. If you win-get a YOU day, like a massage or just a day out, if he wins..a day of Halo. hahaha! =) Cash prize would be awesome-like a grand prize so you can splurge on some outfits! Grand prize for Matt..heck I don't think he would be too excited about clothes, but maybe a new video game? Or a round of golf? He likes to golf right?! =)
    Logan probably loves being a big brother cause he gets to play with all the toys right along with Ashlee! =) Cute pics! And cute pj's Ashlee! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to join in on your weight loss challenge. Every day I think to myself, 'okay Kim, today's the day'. And then I eat like crap and decide that tomorrow I'll start. But you've motivated me so I'm going to get my butt into gear and start losing the weight, tomorrow. Or maybe the next day. Yeah, on Wednesday. I'll start next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete