Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Love of Spring

So I LOVE spring for the fact that all plant life starts to turn green and because sunny days and cool breezes give me the excuse to get outside to do yard work and to start gardening :)! Two of my favorite things! 


I had to show the fence because for the first time this part of our lawn looks great, only problem is that Matthew  was trying to burn the weeds in the garden and it got away from him and burnt the entire length of vinyl fence along the road! So now a new and not so fun project this spring :(!


See the fence :(! Not the point of the picture. We were able to get a few raspberry starts!

Finally some strawberries, let hope I fixed the soil so that they will actually grow this year :)!


Yep! I finally got to get in my garden and start planting! I planted, carrots, radishes, cilantro, lettuce , celery, peas and potatoes today. So it was a prefect day in the garden and I cant wait to get everything else in :)!

My Little Helper, I just don't think I could plant things right without his help. 

The same garden space, but different layout this year. I will be posting my  layout  soon! 

Did I mention that I LOVE gardening?! I am so excited that it is Spring again! Happy Gardening to ALL!

2 comments:

  1. Hot dang Niki! Way impressed with your garden space. I'm lucky if I get some tomatoes planted in the back of my flower beds. And the last two years the deer have eaten them before I get any produce. And I love that you and Hal and Shawna are so close. They are such great people.

    I ran into Michelle a week or so ago at Fred Meyer. It was so fun to catch up with her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard looks good! Well besides the fence ;) Hopefully it's not too much work to fix! Can't believe your gardening already, we still can't get more than a few nice Spring days in a row! Hopefully it comes soon! Happy gardening!!

    ReplyDelete