Friday, May 25, 2012

25 Years

Today was kind of a bitter sweet day! I was able to take the kids and meet up with my mom and we visited the grave of my little sister. Her birthday was Monday the 21st and she would have turned 25! I just cant believe its been 25 years since she passed away. We go clean her head stone and leave her some flowers.

Kelli Brianne Peterson



Their First Time Visiting the Cemetery, with Grandma!

I was talking to my mom on Monday and she said that she was kind of down because it was Kelli's 25th Birthday, and it hit me as to the emotions that she must have. Kelli died when I was 3 yrs old and I don't have too many memories of her. I mean through the years as we have visited her grave, I have often thought about what kind of personality she would have had, what her interests would have been, and things to that effect. Now that I am a mother, I have somewhat of a glimpse of the pain and sorrow that my mom has had to go through with losing her daughter. I mean I haven't lost a child, but I know the love a mother has for a child and I just don't know what I would do if I lost one of my children. It sure would be a very hard thing to  overcome. So it was kind of a bittersweet day for me. 

Of course we had to stop by and see the duck and geese that are at the cemetery.







They had a good time seeing the ducks and geese.

 We all sure had a wonderful day! I love all the time I get to spend with my mom and I am grateful that she is such a huge part of my kids life. I love her very much and am grateful for all that she has done for me and for all she does for my family :)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment