Thursday, May 24, 2012

I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ


I just have to say that I really enjoyed General Conference back in April. I actually got to listen to most of it and I really enjoyed listening. I do however have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the talks in the Ensign this month. I just cant get enough. I have to say that it is probably one of the best conferences that I can remember. I have loved every talk so far that I have read, and am grateful that they put them into the Ensign so that we can study them. Its great to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father that has given us prophets and apostles that truly love each of us and want to help us know how we need to be living so that we can return to live with Him. I love hearing messages of love, service, sacrifice, families, trials, faith, repentance, etc. I just feel like I have related to every talk. There is always something to work on, something that needs refined, polished, started, endured, changed. That is what life is all about, learning and growing to become what our Heavenly Father created us to become. 

I am grateful to be a member of His church. I do have a testimony that God Lives and Loves and Knows each one of us. I know that I am far from perfect and I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that allows me the opportunity to overcome my weaknesses, shortcomings, sorrows, wrongdoings, and that will allow me to become a better wife, mother, sister, friend, daughter, and overall person. I know that we have a living prophet Thomas S. Monson who leads and guides us today. I am grateful to all those who came before us that have sacrificed so much for the building of the kingdom of God. What great examples of faith and enduring to the end they are for me. I know that through ordinances performed in the Temple that families can be together for time and all eternity. What a wonderful knowledge to have! The gospel is such an important force in my life and am grateful to have an ever growing testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder Nicki...I need to have a refresher and go read them! I love conference too, and need to be better about not just letting it be a every six month "weekend" thing!!

    ReplyDelete