Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Counting Our Blessings!

So Monday night as Matthew was heading to work about a half mile to a mile away from our house he hit two cows. He is alright and he didn't get a single scratch. Needless to say the cows weren't sooo lucky. One cow was killed and the other had a broken leg. It was about 9:30 pm and the cows were black and standing in the middle of the road. Matthew said that he didn't see them until they were right there in front of him, he tried to hit his breaks and swerve to miss them, but where do you go to avoid hitting two cows in the middle of the road. He told the police that he was going 45 when he hit them, and they told him that he was pretty lucky that they were small because if they would have been any bigger they probably would have went through the windshield and we would have been dealing with a completely different situation. I am not glad that he hit two cows, but I am glad that Matthew was alright and that it was only as bad as it was. The car will get fixed, life will move on. I am just glad that Matthew is still here to enjoy life with us! So once again we have many blessings to thankful for, especially this one!!!!





3 comments:

  1. "I am just glad that Matthew is still here to enjoy life with us! So once again we have many blessings to thankful for, especially this one!!!!"

    You are such a sweet person, Matt is so lucky to have you in his life.

    I bet that was a scary experience for you guys! At least it wasn't worse. Sorry about your car! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quiet a bit of damage. Because we own black cows I am ALWAYS terrified that this might be a reality one night at my house. Atleast we are pretty good at keeping ours in. I am SO GLAD he is okay. You are right....you can fix the car easy enough, but you can't replace a great husband and daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! I'm so glad he's ok!!

    ReplyDelete