Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mutual

I am going to start blogging the mutual activities that we do this year, that way years down the road if I am ever in young woman's then I can look back for some ideas. So this post is going to be one of many that I do.

We have decided to focus on personal progress the first Wednesday of every month. So this week we worked on Faith Experience #6. The girls are supposed to make a drawing or something to explain the Plan of Salvation. They have a list of scriptures they have to read and then they have to teach the Plan of Salvation to someone. So I came up with a little visual aid that the girls each colored and cut out. Then we put them in an envelope along with a copy of the plan of salvation lesson from Preach My Gospel. We had the missionaries come and teach the girls the Plan of Salvation at the beginning of our activity then we made our own visual aid. So in order for the girls to finish this experience they had to go home read the required scriptures then teach the Plan of Salvation as a Family Home Evening. So we will have to see how many follow through.

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea. I especially liked that you had the missionaries come! We may have to use that one. I am VERY EXCITED you are going to share ideas. I need as many as I can get!

    ReplyDelete