Monday, April 26, 2010

Finally Got Something Planted

I was finally able to go get our seed potatoes and I had time to plant them this evening. I have been wanting to for the past couple of weeks, but the weather has been horrible and I have had a sick kid. Not that the weather was fantasic today, it was just good enough that I could be outside with Logan and get things planted. I only planted my potatoes and peas. He loved helping and helped me with the water. In fact I had to do the planting by myself while he played in the water.
When I told him we had to go inside and he moved for the first time since he soaked himself and he started whining. He realized that he was wet and cold. I thought it was funny and just laughed, like I usually do at his misery. But I love how he wont listen and has to learn lessons the hard way.

My potatoes two rows of reds and I of whites.
I cant wait for the harvest.


This is where I got the idea for my garden this year. I didnt quite do it like this, I just got my idea from this picture. I made eight squares and did walkways in between all the squares. I put my grass clippings on the walkways to hopefully keep the weeds down. Each square will have something in them and a few will have a couple different veggies in them. Now I have to figure out my watering system. I am going to use PVC pipe and valves. Not quite sure whats a head of me but I am excited to be inventive and make something that will make watering easier. I JUST LOVE GARDENING !!!!!
This is my version of the above garden layout.

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed!! Now come to my house and do the same thing :) Zac tried to fit the corrugater in our garden area so he wouldn't have to do it by hand...but it wouldn't fit through the gate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to lay your garden out that way! When you figure out the pvc watering system you will have to post that too! How lucky is Matt to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura I would love to help out any way I can. Let me know and I will come out!

    Natalie I figure I have to be good at a few things to balance out all the unpleasant things about me. (Love to garden cancels out all the nagging I seem to do :)!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a HUGE garden spot! I LOVE to garden too. That is a cute picture of Logan.

    ReplyDelete