Monday, July 25, 2011

Our Garden Is Growing!!!

So I have been working hard out in our garden almost everyday. I like to spend just a little time everyday weeding, water, looking. Since I absolutely love gardening it has always been something that I enjoy and I have loved trying new tactics. I think that it has helped and we are hopefully going to have a wonderful garden this year and I think that canning season is going to wonderful as well. :)!!!!!!

These are our watermelon and cantaloupe. They arent doing the best but its our first year so hopefully we will get things figured out.

Tomatoes!!!

Corn! The early corn is getting its ears and I cant wait to cook fresh corn on the cob for dinner!

Bean :(! Yet another bad year for our beans. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but if anyone has some advice please let me know.
Peppers and Onions

Cucumbers! I am pretty excited for these to be doing well. I am going to try canning pickles this year :)!

Potatoes, always a favorite at our house.
Carrots! Are by far my favorite canned vegetable. I have finally figure out how to grow a good crop and I hope to can a lot of carrots this year :)!!



Garden July 2011

This is usually what the kiddos do when I am working in the garden:


Logan and Phantom just play and run all over the place. :)!
 
Miss Ashlee is playin in her excer-saucer just inside the door. She has to be able to see me or Logan or she freaks out, so this is the best spot :)!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good Niki!!! Your beans looke 20x better than my beans....mine pretty much bit the dust after a hail storm (which makes me really sad, cause I love canned beans)....i am jealous of your cucumbers to...mine are tiny and dont look like they are going to make it! Gardening is pretty addicting, isnt it?!?! Share your secrets with me!! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden looks great! I'm sure you get plenty out of it to enjoy and to can! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! your garden looks fantastic! I am going to have to have you help us plan ours out next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks so good, Niki! I can't wait for the day when I will have a yard of my own to plant a huge garden too!

    ReplyDelete