Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Back to Normal

So Mister Logan got his cast off yesterday March 30th. He broke his arm Feb 21st and had the cast on for five weeks. He did pretty well and by the end I dont think he knew he had a cast on. He loves baths and even with the cast he always wanted to take them, but would cry when I had to put a bag over it. It sure didn't slow him down any. He still tried to climb on everything, he would hit everything with it because it made a cool sound when it did (even mom and dad made funny sounds when they got hit), and he just loved to play and just got used to the cast being on his arm. I am sure five weeks didnt seem like much to him, but this mom is sure glad to see him playing with both hands and bath time sure is easier these days.

While we were in our room waiting for the Dr to come and read the final xrays to make sure that the break was healed, Logan kept using my shirt to scratch his arm and get all the dead skin off. So I looked like I had dandruff (JK). I remember the feeling after getting a cast off, the air and having someone scratch your arm are the two greatest feelings in the world. Then when we got home he came crying to me and rubbing his arm, because his skin was peeling. I just laughed. This is one of those times when I wish that I could have know what was going on in his head. What a precious little boy he is and what an adventure it has been these past 18 months.


Cast


No Cast

All in all it is good to have him back to his normal little self. We sure love this little boy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nik- This reminds me of when you had your cast or should I say casts :).....I think I remember you more with a cast on your arm than not :).....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinkin along the same lines. I was sure hoping that he would have matthews genes when it came to broken bones, but apparently he is starting off better than me :)! Oh the good ol' days, NOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete