Thursday, September 23, 2010

Canning Season

Yep as all of you know it is canning season. And that is all I feel like I have been doing lately. I got roped into not only canning for us, but also for my mom and my dad. I really dont mind helping out, but I guess I didnt realize how draining it would be to can while I am pregnant. I  sure hope the season starts winding down faster. But I think I still have lots more to do.

But my recent project was to can pears, pears, more pears and peaches. I was grateful that my sister came out on Saturday and helped me can the peaches. Then I tackled the pears on Monday and Tuesday. It is always a lot of work but it sure is worth it to enjoy fresh produce year round.


We had three boxes to can and I was able to get 26 quarts.

<>
Pears are the favorite around our house. Logan can eat a whole quart in one setting by himself. So we have alot of them to can this year.

In fact there was 5 boxes that I had to can. I was able to get 55 quarts.

I got alot stocked up and this year we get to enjoy 41 quarts of pears and 9 quarts of peaches. 
So glad that a couple more things are crossed off my canning list for this year. Only a few more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment