Tuesday, May 28, 2013

M.M.J (BABY #3)

It's no secret that we would like to have our kids as close to two years apart as we can. We had family getting pretty suspicious and constantly asking if I was pregnant and we dodged their suspicions for as long as we could or at least we tried. Finally we decided that I needed to go in and see for sure and also to see how far along I was.

 So my first appointment was on February 21, we didn't have an ultrasound because I was actually 14 weeks and 4 days. They like to do the first ultrasound between weeks 8 and 10. I just don't really care to go in right away. I did with Logan because he was our first and with Ashlee I actually waited until week 16. So no ultrasound until week 20 with baby #3.

I had another appointment on March 21 and at that I appointment I scheduled the 20 week ultrasound to see what gender our sweet baby #3 would be. It was scheduled for April 5.

APRIL 5, 2013

These are a few of the incredible images that we were able to see that day! 

A beautiful profile picture. Everything looked normal and in proportion. That is the only news I wanted to hear!

Amazing to see them develop!

Yes we are having another sweet baby GIRL!!!
 We were able to take the kids with us to be there for the ultrasound. Our little Logan had been asked several times whether he wanted a brother or a sister and he was pretty set that he wanted a brother. So when we got our results he got a little teary-eyed and said I wanted a brother. We felt a little bad for him, but  what could we do, there was no changing. We offered him so good sound comfort that maybe (being the key word) our next baby would be his baby brother. It took him a little while to be okay with having another sister, but he is super excited to be the big brother of two little sisters and might I add they are going to be the two luckiest sister to have him as their BIG BROTHER! He is truly the best BIG BROTHER EVER!!!
And in case you wanted to know what Ashlee thought, she is more than excited to be getting a little sister :)!

Oh and we have decided on a name M.M.J which stands for:

MISHAGAN MARIE JACOBSON

I will give you the story on how we decided on the name, because I get asked a lot how we came up with the name Mishagan.

Matthew served his mission in Pennsylvania and while he was serving there he met a little girl by the name of Mishagan (not sure how she spelled her name) and he thought she was the cutest little girl and he fell in love with her name. So that is how our sweet baby girl got her name Mishagan.

For those who don't know Matthew's mom's middle name is Marie and my mom, although she goes by Marie, it is also her middle name. So she will be named after both Grandma's.

Jacobson is just a last name that she should be proud of, it is a pretty worthy last name to hold.

So we can't wait to meet our sweet baby girl August 19th or whenever she decides she wants to join us!!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the story behind the name! And so fun to be named after both grandmas!!!

    ReplyDelete