Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jacobson Camping Trip 2010

Seeing as how we didnt do a Jacobson camping trip last year, this was Logans first official camping trip. Matt and I had been looking forward to it ever since we talked about having one, and Logan I dont think really understood when we told him that we were going camping. We were pretty sure that he was going to have a blast, seeing as how he could live outside everyday of his life and be okay. This was going to be an awesome experience. All Jacobson activities are fun so there was no doubt that we were all going to have a good time.

This was everyone hanging out after getting camp all set up. The red thing was water, which was way nice to have water right in our camp. And the wall tent was our kitchen. It was a really nice set up.

This was our tent that we slept in. I was hoping to get a picture of all of us laying on the bed, but it didnt happen.

All the kids loved the water and would wait until someone would come and crank on the handle so that they could play in the water.
Sittin around the fire on the chilly mornings.
Slavin away in the kitchen.
Logan wouldnt just sit still and warm up by the fire, he just wanted to be down and running around. His little hands and nose were freezing and he didnt care.
We had to take four-wheelers, so that we could enjoy the beautiful
scenery. And all the kids loved to sit and play on them as well as
go for rides.
My two wonderful boys. I sure LOVE 'em.

Our First Family Camping Picture

It sure was a lot of fun. I think everyone had a fun time, and I cant wait to see where we go next year. We went up past Stanley this year, and the guys were able to go fishing and they caught quite a few fish. We went on four-wheeler rides, played games, talked and hung out, ate tons of great food and just enjoyed being together as a family. I just love family adventures like this. Thanks Flint and Lisa for putting it together and thanks everyone for making it such an enjoyable experience.

Logans First Camping Experiences:
  1. The first night was kind of a weird one for him. It was different for him to be sleeping in a tent and we had a slight breeze that kept blowing the tent and I think it kind of freaked him out a little. He just wouldnt go to sleep and he was overly tired, seeing as how he only got like a 30 min nap on the way up. I couldnt get him to calm down, even by laying by him, and he kept screaming "DADDY", so I got Matthew to come lay down by us and he still wouldnt stop screaming. So I know that he loves to say his prayers at night and get all exciting. So I said Logan lets say your prayers and he folded his arms and calmed down, so we said a little prayer and the minute I was done he started screaming again. So I had Matthew say a prayer for us (a really long prayer) and he finally allowed himself to fall asleep. Thank goodness for PRAYERS :)!
  2. I didnt get a picture of this but Lisa did, so I am going to have to get it from her. Anyway the entire time we were there Logan had a piece of licorice in his hand. I mean pretty much about every minute of everyday. He LOVED it and I figured that we were camping so I didnt care. One morning he couldnt get the lid off because someone had put it on too tight (shame on whoever did it), so he came walking out of the kitchen tent with the big tub of licorice. It was pretty cute.
  3. He wouldnt sit still, even in the mornings when it was cold. He just wanted to run and enjoy being outside. Although he fell quite a bit and all I thought I heard the entire time was him crying. He enjoyed it. I know that he would have loved to have stayed there forever. I sure have a Nature kid.
  4. Matthew took him down to the water that was across the road and down a little slope. He kept throwing rocks in the water and when it was time to go he said BYE-BYE to the water. What a cute kid.
  5. Poor Grandpa took him on a little four-wheeler ride, and at some point on the ride he fell asleep. All I can say is he is a pretty heavy kid when you have to hold all his dead weight.
CAMPING WAS A BLAST!!!!!

1 comment: