Saturday, April 2, 2011

Joys of Being a Parent

Yep the best part of being a parent are all the wonderful moments and memories you get with your KIDS!!!

Logan and Ashlee are such wonderful kids and we have enjoyed every minute with them. They are growing so fast and changing so much. It is so fun to see them grow and to see the excitement on their faces as they learn something new :)! 

Wow Ashlee is 10 days shy of 4 months old. She is such a wonderful baby. She pretty much smiles all the time with very little crying. She is so happy and content just kind of laying and playing. She doesn't need me to hold her all the time. She also is sleeping through the night which is a good thing because Logan still has bad nights. I think we spoiled him since he was our first, but I think Ashlee is going to be a good sleeper :)! She is starting to laugh and she just loves when Logan talks to her and tickles her. I think these two are going to be best friends. Cant wait to watch her grow. It has been a wonderful 4 months and she is a precious little girl!


I have to tuck a blanket around her to steady her, but she loves playin in her exersaucer.

One cute little girl! Doesn't she remind you of Logan?


Yep so Logan is just getting to big and independent. I love that he likes to do things by himself, but he still loves to have help every once in a while. (Which is okay with me, because I dont want my little boy to grow up too fast.) So he is just talking up a storm. He is doing really well and his words are so much clearer. I will say that he has his days were he reverts back to jabbering. So here is a story that will show just how clear his words are: Last Sunday at church, the sacrament has just finished being passed and everyone was returning to their seats and as soon as it was quiet, Logan who was sitting on my lap says "Mommy fart!" and I could have killed him. I didnt fart and there wasnt even a sound made to resemble a fart. I am not sure if anyone heard him or not, but Matt and I sure busted up in laughter. What a little turd, but I guess thats what we get when we laugh at home when he farts. He will let anyone know that they farted if he is around you, so beware of the fart detector :)! The other day I went and picked him up from Zac and Lauras and on the way home we had an actual conversation. I loved it! I love listening to him tell me about what he has done. He definitely is a wonderful little boy! I am also proud of him for being potty trained at a little over 2 and 1/2. I wasnt sure if it was going to work out but he did it. We are no longer have bad days where he pees and poops in his underwear. He will tell us every time that he has to go. Way to go Logan! Final update is that he is officially a fan of NURSERY. It was 6 months of kicking and screaming and now he pretty much walks himself there. He always shows me what he colored on the way home from church. I love that he loves it! We went to a mission farewell a few weeks past and he didnt get to go to nursery because we went to a luncheon instead and he bawled. It was great to see that he looks forward to NURSERY :)!!! 


We actually had a nice day the other day and Logan played outside all day! He played with his puppy, went down the slide and Matt and I even got to play with him a little while Ashlee slept. It sure was a great afternoon!

Rockin his cowboy hat!!!

We have this cool little rocket thing that he was trying to shoot off, he actually did a great job and we were surprised.


This was the cutest thing ever so I had to take a picture. Matt worked a little out in the yard after work, and he had a little tag along. Logan would follow and mimic everything that Matt did. It sure was cute. These two are becoming best buds and I love that they have fun together.


A Day with DAD!
Twins right?! Yep love these two!

Life is good at this Jacobson House!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ashlee does remind me of Logan!! Looks like she is growing! I can't believe that story..I would have died! hahaha! Fun pictures of Logan and Matthew! Looks like he is becoming a Daddy's boy!=) Maybe we will get lucky and the nice weather will start coming around for more outside fun!

    ReplyDelete