Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New Hobby

My mom is very talented when it comes to sewing and making anything. So I decided that I would have her teach me all she knows. She is starting me out easy, here is a baby blanket that I tied. Next week some time we are going to go get some fabric and we are going to sew some pumpkins. I also have a pattern to make Logan his own little chair for Christmas. I have a lot to get started on, but first I have to learn how to sew. I am actually excited, because I need something fun to occupy my time. I just hope that sewing will be fun for me and that it wont be something that I get frustrated with (I have no patience, which might pose a problem). For now it seems like a good thing for me to get into, but we shall see.

First project.

4 comments:

  1. You are SO GOOD!! I can't believe you are begging for projects. My moms is so good at sewing too and tried all through my teenage years to teach me and it wasn't until I became an adult that I went back to really learn again. Moms are wonderful! Sewing comes in handy when I do Chrismas gifts alot of times, and I love being able to whip out some pj pants whenever my kids need new ones. Good luck. I have no patience either and so if I can do it I am sure anyone can!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having confidence in me. I am not really that crafty. So it is going to be a stretch for me. I think that it is great that you can just whip out some pj pants. That is what I am hoping for. I want to be able to make some things for myself so that we can save a little more money. I absolutely hated anything like sewing, cooking, etc. Now I see that maybe I should have tried a little harder when I was younger, because now i have to go back and learn all the things that I thought where stupid. I guess that you have to live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not a patient person myself, and I find sewing is actually quit fun!! It makes you feel pretty good about yourself when your project actually turns out like its suppose to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! It is one of my favorite hobbies, because the kids can't destroy my work in 5 seconds! :)

    ReplyDelete