Monday, November 23, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

The hospital puts on a Festival of Trees to raise money, not quite sure for who or what, but for the past two years my mom has volunteered to be in charge of decorating the tree that the Operating Room Staff donates. So she enlists my help and we have fun coming up with an idea and decorating the tree. Last year the theme was a Child's Wish and this was our tree:



On afternoon we spent several hours melting wax and crayons to make our own homemade ice cream cone ornaments. It was sure a lot of fun. The we added candy and shiny ribbon. It turned out great, and the best part was that mom and I had fun doing it.

This years theme is Silver Bells, because it is the 50th Anniversary of the Festival of Trees. So we decided to do silver bells and angels. We put them together and got the line from its a wonderful life, " Everytime a bell rings an angel gets its wings." So here is what this years tree looks like, hopefully it will bring in a lot of money.



Then mom made a little angel doll and she always does such great work. She has made a few of these dolls in the past and I didn't remember them until I saw this one, I just love the hair (She curled every individual strand with a small curling iron).



Whoever buys the tree gets everything that is with it, so we added some more angels. So they get the beautiful tree and all the angels.



Overall I think this tree is beautiful and that we did a good job this year. I can't wait to see what happens next year.

1 comment: