Saturday, November 7, 2009

We finally did it!

Today was a great day. Matthew and I accomplished many things on our TO-DO list that have been on there for quite sometime. First of all one side of our sink has been clogged for quite awhile, and not to mention it is the side with the garbage disposal. I have been telling Matthew that we need to get it fixed and so today I made him help me. We took apart the garbage disposal which took longer that I thought it would and then we cleaned all the pieces and put it back together. Then we poured some liquid plumber down in it and now not only does the sink drain, but my garbage disposal is back and working great. I was afraid that we were going to have to replace the disposal, but luckly our $4 bottle of liquid plumber and some man power and we are back in business. YEAH! We can now add to our list of occupations -PLUMBER!

And as I posted earlier that our water supply for our food storage is lacking and has been since April. We now have water. We are the proud owners of a 50 gallon tank filled with you guessed it water. And I also purchased some cases of bottled water. What a relief to know that we finally have water. We finally did it!

Seeing as summer is winding down and things need to be put away. We spent a few minutes outside putting some of our things away for the winter. We put our grill, bikes, and lawn mower away. Now all I need to do is roll up our hoses and put them downstairs, and maybe mow our lawn and remove the leaves.

I love getting the things done on my TO-DO list. What made today special was that I got some help from Matthew, he even helped me clean the house. Made things go faster and Our house looks great. Glad to say that we finally did it!

4 comments:

  1. Well it's about time!!!!! :) Glad that you got things done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me how much more can get done when it isn't just me doing it all. I would so high-five you if I were there....you both deserve it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had some help! We cleaned out the basement last weekend...but there is still so much to be done. I guess I will be glad that Zac helped with one thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to get help. It always feels good to get things done. I don't know what made Matthew jump in and help, but it was nice not to have to nag.

    ReplyDelete